Mentoring and coaching are often confused. By looking at ‘wellbeing coaching’ at work, you can see the basic differences.
- Wellbeing Coaching at work and Wellbeing Leadership Coaching at work relates to your wellbeing at work and wider life.
- Wellbeing Coaching at work supports you to be at your best at work in terms of feeling good in your mind and body.
- You co-create a relationship with a wellbeing coach, who helps you find your own solutions to your wellbeing at work, through focused conversation .
- Wellbeing coaching is not:
* Life Coaching (includes work related issues but also focuses mainly on all areas of life e.g. relationships, life goals, finances etc.)
* Counselling (deals with long term past and childhood) – does not require action on behalf of the client. (Your coach will signpost you to counselling services if necessary. Coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease).
* Mentoring – where the mentor is the expert and might give you guidance on your wellbeing based on their own experience and expertise.
For more information on how wellbeing is essential for resilience at work join our Really Resilient Guide courses: https://thelearningmoment.org/really-resilient-guide-for-individuals/